View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spannyy
Guild Member

re: Reaver Barb DPS Guide

A concise guide to how to Reaver barb dps. From Thatsthespot.

This is an all out DPS build. Spending points in places that max your potential DPS. 

Hate Decrease is an unnecessary thing to spec as a barb, as you do tons of damage but tanks played well, you will never pull aggro.

That being said if you see 3-4Combos in a row crit. Just count to 3 and then start DPS'ing again. Common sense and not dying tend to improve DPS.

The Build

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v20_1126952c68fb21ddc01de241e20c1d4c41d5241d9741d5881d9d61da391da9d1d5ee1d6b41dc2c1dc911db641d6521d71a1e84c1e7e81d8481dcf81d8a81d90c1dd58

Brief Overview of Points    (Quite Honestly you dont really need to know why you pick these, but i guess its always nice to know)

Berserker Tree -

Physique - Improves survivability, opens up tree. 5Points.

Atrocity - Increasing the rate at which you gain stacks, thus improving dps. 5Points.

Devastation - Gives an insane crit buff that stacks at a very fast rate. 5Points.

Reaver Tree - 

Reave - Improve Weapon Damage by 25%. 5Points.

Blitz - A gap closer, the faster your on a boss after disengaging, the more applied dps. 1Point.

Ambidextrous - Offhand attacks = More Dps. 5Points.

Sever - An extra dot, procs 6times per minute, doesnt really improve dps enough to warrant 5Points. 1Point.

Smash 'n Crush - Increasing the Damage of the Opening Attack of Upheaval and Cyclone of Steel by 30%. 3Points.

Brutal Cyclone - Increases the chance of the opening attack of the Upheaval and Cyclone of Steel by 30% Massive boost for small amount of points. 2Points.

Ferocity - Increases amount of possible stacks, thus extra damage buff. 3Points.

Tempered Steel - Not a huge increase, but opens up tree and best way to spend points. 2Points.

Haste - +20% Movement Speed but the main reason to get this is the massive 82% Weapon Damage Buff. 1Point.

Too Many to Count - One point for a buff that when used when add's spawn, improves damage exponentially. 1point.

Savage Fury - 25% Weapon damage, Stamina regen for bosses like T5 Yahk and Zodiac. 1Point.

Endless Fury - Extra 5seconds of a the above buff for 2points, yes please. 2Points.

Jagged Weapons - 3Points for a 12% Increase on an important combo in our rotation. 3Points.

Spirit Of the Panther - Increases the chance of Cyclone of Steel Combo (Probably upheaval also) crit'in by 15% when above 13stacks. 3Points.

OverPower - A one click CoE ability. Scales with the amount of stacks you have. 5Points.

Lashing Swords - Makes Jagged cut an AoE skill and improves hit rate. 5Points.

Impale - 400% Damage on the bleed this causes and a 100% offhand chance. 5Points.

Shrapnel - Makes the Wreck Armor Combo an AoE. 5Points.

Rupture Armor - 100% Crit chance on opening Attack. 1Point.

Armageddon Falls - Applies Debuff that imcreasing the amount of damage you do when attacking the mob that is afflicted. 1Point.

Dance of Death - Makes Your melee Attacks Splash. 1Point.

General Tree - 

Quick Recovery - Stamina is always nice, opens up rest of tree. 5Points.

Subtlety - -3% Hate. 3Points.

Rotation

Firstly, just have all the ranks of wreck armor on your toolbar. Secondly while doing a combo, preload the next one, and lastly, if you initiate your combo with the Upper Right, position yourself so that the boss has 1 or no shields in that direction, this means dance around the boss (when possible) while loading combo's to max out DPS.

Wreck Armor IV -> Jagged Cut III -> Upheaval -> Cyclone of Steel IX (Repeat rotation starting with another Rank of Wreck Armor) The first Wreck armor you will use will come off cooldown, 1 second before you end your 3rd rotation. 

You can keep the above rotation going none stop.

In regards to popping buffs.

Use them smartly, if you know there is a part in a fight where adds spawn, save "Too many to count". Never hit all your buffs as they dont stack so well. 

If a buff increases weapon damage, dont use another until its done, use them one after another. 

If the buff applies on hit effects, do your "Wreck Armor". Preload your "Jagged Cut III" Hit the buffs and do the combo.

Never use fucking whirlwind. Its shit. :) You dont spend points on making "Wreck Armor" and "Jagged Cut" To be AoE to use this silly skill. Animation is so long too.

Weapons

Main Hand - The best Barb sword you have. (My Current is T4) OR Your highest base DPS weapon.

Offhand - Ibis with combat rating and crit gem. No other really contends with this.

Armor

Basically the best you can get, but until you get full T4 a few tips.

• As much combat rating as possible. Duh.
  • Brittle Blade Shoulders and Belt (The Sin Stuff) Is the best prior to T4.
  • Rest should be Tiger gear
  • Mask of the Death Eater, i dunno where i got it from but it has crazy stats and hate decrease.
  • T3 Cloak and Necklace give good survivability and are pretty insane combat rating wise. Khitai alternatives are fine.

AA's

Im not going to go through all the AA's but here are the important ones for DPS and general group.

• Max Pressing Strikes - Hit Rating, cos if you cant hit it, you aint doing damage. & Crit Damage Rating for bigger Crits.
  • Max Decisive Strikes - Mainly Critical Rating with a few extra damage increases.
  • Tainted Weapons - Removes heals, integral to getting nice gear in khitai.
  • Finely Honed - Removes Barriers, integral to getting nice gear in khitai.
  • Soothing Venom- -5% Hate Decrease
  • Vitality - Survivablity.
  • Flanking - Give tank more Stats and pulling power.
  • Pit Fighter - Improve Weapon Damage
  • Without Warning - Improves The rate at which you gain stacks (If you've read and understood the above, you'll understand why this is a good choice.) Faster the stacks, bigger the DPS output.
  • Upheaval - Your main DPS output.
  • Any Other AA that improves the DPS of a skill that is within the rotation. (Usually start with "Empowered")

Buff Pots

Guile & Brute Pots. (Crit and Combat rating)

CrandarXX
Guild Leader

re: Re: Reaver Barb DPS Guide

TY for the nice guide ;) Generally I agree with almost all you wrote, but I like to mention a few points on which I tend to disagree (my comments in red)

Spannyy wrote:

Hate Decrease is an unnecessary thing to spec as a barb, as you do tons of damage but tanks played well, you will never pull aggro.

Really not my experience. There are only few tanks who really play tank so well, that I have no chance to get aggro if I go full out with my max dps spec, which has no hate decrease at all (btw the spec you linked has Hate decrease). I play that max dps spec only very rarely, only for fun and parser at bosses on which it cant be a trouble if I get aggro and maybe even die - Saddur in MC is the best example IMO (my record is 1840 dps on that one^^).  The reasons I usually go with some hate decrease gear and a spec that has Subtlety and Wiles: 1) Many tanks arent perfect 2) At many bosses it creates havoc if you pull aggro to the dps side (Master Gyas 1st phase, Arbanus, Apotheosis mob at Entity as examples) 3) At many bosses tanks have to swap aggro, so they cannot go fullout (Examples: Thoth-Amon 1st phase, T3.5 2nd boss). So I strongly recommend to have Wiles ready. Wiles is really nice :) You should have it on an easy-to-reach button and watch the target's target all the time - as soon as you have aggro, click Wiles. That will give the tank aggro back again immediately. (Stop dps 2-3 sec after using it for safety) Its a really beautiful tool and it works very fine. On many endgame bosses you ofc have to be quick to use it as otherwise you are dead or the dps side get the frontal cone damage spell.

Never use fucking whirlwind. Its shit. :) [...] Animation is so long too.

The animation is most beautiful^^ But yes its too long. Dont use it on single bosses. But if you have many mobs around you, use Whirlwind. It even hits mobs who are in the back of you and it has a nice range. So, have it ready on your combo bar for that cases.

Offhand - Ibis with combat rating and crit gem. No other really contends with this.

T3 crafted Maniacal Harm is way better^^ Other nice alternatives to Ibis (roughly in that order): T3.5 Erliks Blade of Widows which drops at last boss (might even be better than Ibis bc of the hate decrease); Tigerswipe 1he which drops at Necropolis (Karakorum); T4 South Cleave of the Vermillion Bird which drops at Emporer. Espec the Tigerswipe is quite easy to get for new barbs.

Armor

Basically the best you can get, but until you get full T4 a few tips.

• As much combat rating as possible. Duh.

Well, Crit / Crit Hit Rating is even nicer. Depends on the amount ofc.

• Mask of the Death Eater, i dunno where i got it from but it has crazy stats and hate decrease.

It is from the Unchained Dungeons. T4 head is better though.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bloodfrenzy & WoA Forum Index -> Rogues' All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum