View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrandarXX
Guild Leader

re: Saga Server - We will have a guild there

Hail my friends,

Bloodfrenzy and Wrath of Amra will have a common guild on Saga Server. Provisional name will be "Bloody Amra" but we can change it after a week. I'll try to roll a Barb named "Crandar" on that server tmr, and Ellori and me will found the guild there asap. Send me a PM on Saga Server for an invite if you roll a char. Ofc all our friends from other guilds are more than welcome to join our common guild!

What do we want to achieve on saga server? No idea yet. Lets see how the first weeks are. If you want to join a guild or raidforce who really wanna do T4 or higher raids on Saga server in that short amount of time, you might choose another than ours, you know we usually arent that focussed and slack a bit^^  All our regular raids will continue to happen on Crom server. But in order to provide help to guildies and friends who wanna level a toon there, it will be very very nice to have a community on which you can trust on the Saga server. Even if its no new content at all it could be fun for a short while, lets see.

Have fun ingame, if you like to join saga server or not ;)

Cyas,

Crandar

KingKhainen

Hell Yea!!!!

I'm there!!!

Got to be a dt and named Khainen

WOOHAA

Zokhar
Zokhar
Guild Member

Hail everyone!

Some of you may wonder where I was gone, well, it is a bit complicated, but let's say I was and still am currently *unfit* for duties for many reasons. Fact is I have not been able to raid a single time since last year December... (damn....). The biggest thing I did was SC, and I could clearly see it was still too soon...
I hope I will be able to resume my duties even partially within a week or so, but nothing certain yet. Please apologies. It is not like I am any key characters in our raids, but still.
And I also take this opportunity to congratulate all of you for having Killiki down last Sunday! Good job guys and gals!

I wish I would have been with you, but not this time, not this time... Maybe next one, maybe next one...

So what is the guild plan for the Saga server if any?

Because the way I see it, I am pretty certain WoA+BF combined forces with maybe the help of a friend or two, could totally make it to T3.5 or T4 ALONE!
And that would be hell of an achievement and for decent reward still since T6 gear will drop at that stage.

I mean we do it every week, I am sure we could do it again in there within the given timeframe if we work together.

Of course we wont get the T6 vanity cloak they will be giving to those who manage to clear T6 in that time (if any), but i honestly think we could aim for T4 (not entity).

This can only happen if we all work together to get some experienced tanks geared up (top priority).

So my underlying question is what do we roll?

Obviously we need to roll one of a class we master (if many) or one we are good with. For me since I only really know one, there is not much of a question here.

However BS, which i think is also a viable option for me since I am no clicker, could be what I roll in the end if that benefit the group better as we may get short on heals.

The way I see it, either we go there as a real raid force from the start, or there is no point going there. But for that we need our beloved leaders and RL to take position on this point.

Do not get me wrong or anything, just throwing off ideas in thin air, but unless I am very wrong, I think for a few weeks maybe we could 'transfer' our lower raids on saga server (meaning running them on saga instead of crom, that would be Fri, Sat, Mon raids) while keeping our T5 active on Crom at our regular times. I mean not in the upcoming few weeks, but if we decide to do it as a whole (because we dont want to be arsed with stupid globals!), I am pretty sure we can be decently geared up with some Kithai already within a month? We could start doing T1 & T2, and aim for trying T3.5 in March and T4 maybe in April or May. We only need to clear it once (T4 that is) and I am pretty sure our experience can overcome our lack of gear. And they might even have nerfed the raids down even more, RF like...

That would be hell of a challenge, absolutely, but I am 100% certain we could do it.

I really hope we could make this happen... it would be so freaking exciting...

Going there if it is not to clear some raid is pointless I think, we need to aim for the stars to land on the moon!

So as for myself, I will either roll a hox, a bs or a necro (for future benefits of the guild at T5).

But first I will roll a meaningless char on a meaningless account of mine, to see what it is and not waste my slot on my main account.

Please tell us your plans.

I hope to be able to join our T5 raidforce soon....

Yours,

-Ellori
Guild Leader

Zokhar wrote:

I think for a few weeks maybe we could 'transfer' our lower raids on saga server (meaning running them on saga instead of crom, that would be Fri, Sat, Mon raids) while keeping our T5 active on Crom at our regular times. I mean not in the upcoming few weeks, but if we decide to do it as a whole (because we dont want to be arsed with stupid globals!)

T4 is not a low tier raid, just because you can get T4 tokens from RF does not mean that it can be easily done with under geared toons as much as we sometimes get leechers in raids, it is impossible to do if all the tanks and healers are under geared.

I will not be moving my Friday raid over to Saga I will keep T4 General to Emperor running on Crom if there is a lack of sign ups and the raid doesn't happen so be it but I don't have the energy or the time to try and lead that level of raid on Saga with under geared toons. 

We have raid free nights Wednesdays and Thursdays where we can maybe arrange some T1 or T2 on Saga maybe even T3 after a couple of months but tanks and healers need quite some AAs and gear for T4 especially Citadel... 

Heyhey,

I normally dont have the time to reply, but I just could not hold back after reading the second last post...

Zokhar wrote:

So what is the guild plan for the Saga server if any?

Because the way I see it, I am pretty certain WoA+BF combined forces with maybe the help of a friend or two, could totally make it to T3.5 or T4 ALONE!

I mean we do it every week, I am sure we could do it again in there within the given timeframe if we work together.

Of course we wont get the T6 vanity cloak they will be giving to those who manage to clear T6 in that time (if any), but i honestly think we could aim for T4 (not entity).

Do not get me wrong or anything, just throwing off ideas in thin air, but unless I am very wrong, I think for a few weeks maybe we could 'transfer' our lower raids on saga server (meaning running them on saga instead of crom, that would be Fri, Sat, Mon raids) while keeping our T5 active on Crom at our regular times.

I might be one of the "friends" (guildwise) you mentioned above but I find it quite impertinent with your pink glasses what you are writing about completing T4 Raids or similar.

After calling it "a lower Tier Raid" I honestly stopped reading.

I've lead Tier 4 only once yet, tanked it a lot of times but before managing that I spent decades in Kithai or other instances to gain gear, AAs and experience.

Tier 4 is a hell of a Raid, we even wipe it with our good characters every now and then. If we wouldnt have such a high dps burst, such great healers and fat tanks (tanking on a "micro thin aggro line") we wouldn't stand a chance. Theres too many mistakes we are regulary repeating and only compensating with some top notch players in our Raids. We dont have those geared Characters on Saga. Heck we even wipe T3/3.5 Raids more often than we should (NOT the RL's fault!) so how do you think it would be possible to tank T4?

If you would have ever played a tank or a healer through all Kithai/real lower Raids or T3+ before, I would respect that opinion of yours. But you never felt the cold pain being a tank or the pressure on our shoulders in some of our raids. People just take it for granted! You have no clue how much "preparation" at all is needed before we could encounter our first Sheng Fight on Saga. Not mentioning the leading/organizing stuff, but all the AAs, Gears, such an endless farming before (esp. as a tank).

Last but not least important is the time. As you can tell for yourself nobody would play and boost 24/7 on Saga and leaving our family in the back. The core people you think who would be able to tank/heal our T4s would have to 24/7 grind to achieve that wich isnt possible in the 3.7 (or whatever) months. Speaking for myself, Im not 16 anymore being able to grind 8hrs for the next months...

I personally dont even aim for the Tier 6 Reward and I dont find it pointless to skip that T4 Part. I want the social part when we are all lvl80 blue bobs, going for Atzels/Xiba (Onyx ewww) and then biting our lips on our first Tier 1 Raids again, all being on the same low level again, like the good old times back ago! Achieving little things together as noobs again.

Cheers!

Chill

Guild Member

Oh la la.....

Hey guys just relax, I did not mean to insult anyone anywhere here, dont be so tense please, I just meant "lower-tiers" as lower from T5 as I had T5 in minds when I was typing,which has been our "main" focus (as progression that is) for 2 years for some of you. That's all.

So before it gets out of proportions again, I apologies to anyone that felt insulted or anything else.

Never said that tier was easy, just said, I had the feeling we could reach that stone as a team if we would be working together.
That's my personal feeling that's all. As I said, I think our experience there, could overcome our lower gear.
This being said I did not have in mind going there naked either, kithai faction gear being what I had in mind, and not for tanks and unsure for healers.

Never said this was easy to get there, just that that I thought it would be 'doable'. And only if we had good geared tanks and heals (minimum). Those should be main focus to grind T4 gear in RF for example. And we can do RF as a team too joining as groups to help those needed the gear more to grind, and also through gold sharing (gold likely going to be some problem to gear fast if not sharing resources with priority)

And that, in my minds then, could only be achieved by others also working to get them properly geared for their job there.

So again please apologies if you felt insulted, was no way near my intent, I was at best overly excited upon those new challenges offered to us (not being new content but still be something new).

I personally never had the chance to start the game in 2008 since I arrived about 8 years too late, in my eyes, was the first time and unique occasion i saw to have everyone on the same stage at least for a few weeks. Everyone naked and lvl1. Those who are going to make the best of it, still in my eyes, are those who will be working together as a team, and not those solo leveling their chars to lvl80 alone like many do on crom.

That's my view but of course everyone is free to disagree, no problem.

I am certainly not as experienced as many of you here, maybe in the end we will only be able to do T2 or T3 as Ell said, but again and as I said:

"To land on the moon, aim for the stars!" (my own personal philosophy in life)

Cheers!

Guild Leader

("Aim low, and you'll be happier with what you get" is my philosophy btw :p )

There are other very major problems we will have with raids on Saga server: Everyone has just one toon, and so far our whole concept of raiding was based on the goodwill of guildies to log other needed classes. This might not be a big deal in T1 and T2, but already in T3 it will be very much. Then the ******* at FC only gave us one spec denying us our veteran bonus spec (I'll come back to that). Then we might have much more than 24 ppl willing to join the raids, which again will be a major pain in RL's back, as well as in the back of the raiders who can't join. 

In the end it comes down to being a centralized-government guild who tells ppl what to roll if they wanna raid with us and also declining raiders based on (perceived) skill the player has. I can imagine if we raid leaders would determine the 24 (or 30) best raiders in our alliance and then make a centralized plan who rolls what, we would have a shot at T4... that means going totally elitist. 

I think that would kill our guild and our alliance. So I'm not up for it.

That's why I mentioned that anyone is really free to choose another guild or raiding force on Saga server to reach the T4 goal, I won't be angry at all about it. Just if you succeed, don't make the annoying mistake to brag about it too much after.

First impression of Saga server:

We had 40 ppl joining our common guild on day 1. Activity is pretty high and the chat is rolling. I'm sure we can have lots of fun dungeons below and at 80. Basically for the limited ressources (Funcom has basically only like 2 ppl working on Age on Conan in total), the saga server was a very good idea to bring back some life.

As to be expected there are many bugs, a list of known issues can be found here:

https://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?195309-Saga-of-Zath-patch-Known-Issues

But now to the ugly part: Saga server is pay2win, and much more pay2win than AoC ever was. Even long-time premium members do not get:

- Veteran trader

- Accountwide achievement points

- Portcoins

- a 2nd spec

- any horse

Yes I went back premium for Saga server and even bought 600 FC Points for that 300 points starter kit. But in that starter kit is really the slowest mule i ever seen and you get knockbacked with every hit. Only positive side effect is that you get simple riding. But thats really it for me. 15€ for very old content... I really don't wanna pay more.... really ******me off yesterday late night when i realized that. And ofc f2p are again 3rd class citizens.

So that was enough ranting for the moment... I'll try stay positive.

Ayleetah
Guild Leader

Nice, I saw you posted to the Devs as some topics are not well thought through.

It is very limited already at lvl 20 to not have 2nd feat tree (for me as I wanted to do some pvp with the low lvl in Tortage rags it was very annoying to not be able to change feat on my PoM).

CrandarXX
Guild Leader

Actually Gold isnt so much of an issue. If you have Vanaheim, do one run between lvl 20 and lvl 40, sell the sculptures instead of using them for faction standing and you can buy your lvl 40 horse easily. And install Yorgos waypoints to get all the treasures on your way leveling:

https://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?192409-customized-waypoints

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bloodfrenzy & WoA Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum